Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Provinziano & Associates, we are proud to be a diverse and inclusive law firm. We believe that diversity is an essential component of our success, and that our differences make us stronger as a team. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our firm, from our hiring practices to the way we interact with clients.
Our team is made up of people from all over the world, with past and current team members hailing from Kenya, England, Saudi Arabia, Korea, China, Japan, France, Armenia, Mexico, Central America, and South America. We value the unique perspectives and experiences that our diverse team members bring to the table, and we strive to create a work environment that is welcoming and supportive for all.
Our diverse team allows us to better serve our clients in family law cases, including child custody and divorce. These cases can be extremely personal and sensitive, and it’s important that our clients feel comfortable working with us and feel that we understand their unique cultural and personal situations. Our diverse team allows us to bridge gaps in communication and cultural understanding, ensuring that we can provide tailored representation for each client. We understand that family law cases are not one size fits all, and our diverse team allows us to provide personalized representation that takes into account the unique circumstances of each client. Ultimately, we believe that our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion helps us better serve our clients and achieve successful outcomes in family law cases.
We believe that our commitment to diversity is not just the right thing to do, but also makes us better lawyers. Family law cases are complex and emotionally charged, and it’s essential to have a legal team that can understand and empathize with clients from a wide range of backgrounds. Our team speaks multiple languages, including Arabic, Armenian, French, German, Farsi, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Kenyan dialects, Korean, Tagalog (Filipino), and Spanish. This allows us to communicate effectively with clients from diverse communities and help them navigate the legal system with confidence.
Our commitment to diversity extends beyond our team members. We are committed to promoting diversity in the legal profession as a whole, and we regularly offer meaningful opportunities for law students from diverse backgrounds to work at our firm in the summer and during the school year. We believe that providing mentorship and training for the next generation of lawyers is essential to creating a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.
We are proud of our past and present team members and the diversity they bring to our firm. Here are just a few examples:
- June Leteipan is an African-American and a UK trained attorney who practiced law in Kenya and has recently obtained her masters with the support of P&A, and will be taking the California Bar Exam in July 2022.
- Ashot Hovhannisyan is a managing attorney at P&A, a trilingual Armenian immigrant who speaks Armenian, Russian, and English, and was the first in his family to go to college and law school.
- Precious Castillo is a trilingual paralegal at P&A who speaks Tagalog, Arabic, and English, and was born and raised in Saudi Arabia and is licensed to practice in the Philippines.
- Qijing Zheng is an associate attorney at P&A, an immigrant from mainland China who is fluent in both Cantonese and Mandarin and can speak and understand elementary level of Japanese. She faced significant challenges to come here to America and to become a licensed California Attorney.
- Mathilde Dugué has a law degree from France and is a recent graduate of UCLA LL.M. and is taking the bar exam seeking to become a licensed California attorney. She has worked tirelessly to get her immigration papers which allow her to stay and live and work here in the US because she is passionate about the American legal system.
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creating a workplace that is supportive, welcoming, and effective for all. We are committed to continuing to promote diversity in our firm and in the legal profession as a whole, and we are proud to be a part of a community that values and celebrates differences.